Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Summer Submersion


As I suspected, it is seldom that I find a creative outlet on my computer that does not soon have me spending hours on end in front of it. Today I have been a complete slug spending all of my time here finding and editing the template you now see on my blog.

Why this one? Well it shows a few of my favorite things.

I love warm sandy beaches and tall palm trees, that one of a kind smell of salty sea air. I can just imagine planting my chair, letting the waves gently roll in over my feet and watching the sunset. The thought alone is enough to “Jamaica Me Happy”.

Then there is the coconuts, pineapples, citrus and rum so useful for making wonderful fruity drinks worth sharing with friends at the beach or otherwise ~ just ask Kim. Her recipe is similar to the drink I’ve been mixing and sipping this summer. However, my version has a wee bit more alcohol, less juice and a bigger glass!

Rum Rummer
One part Coconut Rum
One part Pineapple Rum
One part Banana Rum
A splash of pineapple juice
A splash of orange juice
A dribble of cranberry juice for color


Serve it over ice or better yet blended and it is a little sip of island heaven!

Lastly what summer would be complete without ice cream sundaes (at least that’s what it looks like to me up there). I love the stuff. Coffee ice cream with peanut butter and hot fudge sauce, piled high with whipped cream and topped with a cherry. Does life get any better?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Wordpress Theme by wpthemescreator .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .